Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Need help w AIG number. due to tried to correct to match 2016 ta return.

We filed 2016 tax return online with my name on it (wife).

But we started and filed 2017 tax return w Husbands name on it.. once we filed it it rejected due to it did not AIG number or it dint find outr info. We realized that is was possible due to at moment when it asked for AIG that it was filed under my name instead of husbands. We tried to o back and update first filer as me Wife, and tried to resubmit but it said we needed to process by mail. Can we try to file a new one again under my name instead of correcting already filed 2017. or can we go to real CPA person? 

1 Reply
Intuit Alumni

Need help w AIG number. due to tried to correct to match 2016 ta return.

Please read follow the directions on how to access your 2016 AGI on the TurboTax FAQ listed below. 

TurboTax has tax specialist to help you complete your return. To speak with a tax specialist, please follow the directions below:

If you're using TurboTax Online:
1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). 
2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
3. Ask your question, and then:
 *Post it to our community of experts; or
 *Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click "Continue" and follow our onscreen instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings