turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My turbo prepaid card account was closed without my knowledge. I was told the irs closed it so how do i get another card for my taxes to be deposited on?

They don’t care and they’re showing it.

My turbo prepaid card account was closed without my knowledge. I was told the irs closed it so how do i get another card for my taxes to be deposited on?

@Pegasus1998  Ok so from what I read of the cards terms of service they deactivate these accounts like crazy if you dont use them. You either have to be CONSTATLY putting cash into it, or have a direct deposit attached to the card of they close it. 

Can you tell me where on the app it said your account was closed? I thought i received an email a while back telling me my account was going to be closed, but I am not sure where on the app it would tell me that? What did yours say?

I have had this card since 2018 got taxes on it in 2019 then got my first stimulus and now they closed it. I've been on the phone since 8am and they keep hanging up on me.

To answer the other question it let's me get on the web page but when I get on the app it say your account has been closed

That is the same problem that I have too I'm so confused 

Tpowell614
Returning Member

I havent received a pending notice yet do they go by last names? With sending direct deposits

Britt922
Returning Member

I tried logging into the app and couldn’t thought maybe I forgot it so then tried the forgot password and user Id and it said it couldn’t process my request and to try again later.I called the number on the back of my card [phone number removed] entered my info and it transferred me to customer service but hung up after transferring me. Hrs later After 4pm and 30 mins on hold I spoke to someone who said my account was closed because it was overdrawn.I asked how much and how could it have been overdrawn if it’s just a prepaid card she told me she didn’t have anymore info and her end of the call was very bad I could barley hear her. I hung up and called right back got through and was on hold for 20 min this person said my account was locked because of usual activity and is closed and my stimulus payment was sent back to the IRS I asked when did they close it and about it being overdrawn he said it wasn’t overdrawn and to contact the IRS 

I received the card in February 2020 or March to receive my taxes and also received my first stimulus payment on the card and haven’t used it since May 2020 I checked my email to see if I could find a email from them saying my account was overdrawn or being closed I found nothing but all the emails they send to get you to file taxes with them.This isn’t nothing but another worry for me as bad as my family needed the money ASAP I’m not going to stress it I read that if the account your payment is getting direct deposit to is closed IRS will send a check so can’t do nothing but wait now 

Tpowell614
Returning Member

Yeah see I can still log into my debit app and it still shows my routing number an account number and when I call my card it doesn't say it's not active so mine is probably still active . I'm stressed 

Same thing here **bleep** sucks!

Same thing here **bleep** sucks! Because I got an email saying mines will post on Monday but every time I go to log in at forgot passwords couldn’t process my request And I can’t get they to a rep at all, So I’m guessing mines is closed too!!

Dephy67

I sat on hold for 1hr 20 min before I spoke to someone.... I asked how to reactivate my account and they hung up on me..

Very rude

Tpowell614
Returning Member

Yeah it took me all day to get through to someone and when I finally did the b**** hung up in my face she had an attitude. I'm like why is it so difficult to get through to people and when you do never know answers . I'm thinking I don't want to file taxes through turbo this year because there's to much negativity coming from this .. there are families that really need this money and they never can figure things out or don't have access to nothing so what good are you honestly. And then the green dot says there having technical difficulty . So you can't get through to them either.. I haven't even gotten an email saying my stimulus is coming 

They are saying my card is deactivated everytime i call i get no answer because they say they have no knowledge of my account but i keep getting text alerts telling me to change my pin on the app but i cant even do that cuz they wont let me into app either because its deactivated please help

How do i figure out to use my card if it was closed i would like the money that is from the government

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance with your Turbo Visa Debit Card, please visit TurboDebitCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.  Please see How will the second stimulus impact me? for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here it says close when I log in to app but can log in through my web browser and can see everything on the account. The account and routing number and opened tgw vault as well but says the account is closed. My second stimulus was deposited on their today but no money is showing I'm sure because the account is closed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies