brytani-hawkins

My tax return for 2015 says "started". How do I know if I filed for 2015 with my 2016 taxes?

IsabellaG

You couldn't have e-filed your 2015 tax return at the same time that you filed 2016. TurboTax Online only has one year open to file at a time. The 2015 online program closed in October of 2016, after which the 2016 return became available.

If your account shows that your 2015 tax return was "started" then you never e-filed it through TurboTax. You may have printed it out and mailed it, though, or used another method to file. 

You can use this link to the IRS to get a transcript of your 2015 tax return if you filed it. You can also contact the IRS at  800-424-1040

IsabellaG

Or you might have done 2015 in another account.  That's common.  First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used     <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/</a>

Or if you used the Desktop program the only copy is on your computer.