turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

shediva05

Wmr bar is gone and only says refund still processing and refund date will be posted when available,with a topic 152. Still have no deposit date but they are being issued

No my status changed from still processing to being processed
shediva05

Wmr bar is gone and only says refund still processing and refund date will be posted when available,with a topic 152. Still have no deposit date but they are being issued

But from what I’m learning speaking to an irs agent if you have the eic credit you want receive a date till the 23rd (earned income credit) and it should or want start getting deposit to your account until the 27th

They said the same thing last year and I got mine on the 21st of February.

Fretting over this will not make the refund process any faster ... returns are not processed in a first in first out manner ... once in the system the returns are screened many different times/ways so the processing time is never the same even if you filed the same return on the same day.... patience is needed.

@Critter#2 these people are just asking questions. That’s what this forum is for. If you don’t like to answer they’re questions then you don’t have to respond. Have a great day.

@Critter#2  People are just looking for others in their same situation and you spatting the same b.s. as the irs really doesn't help! We all know what the website says but it is always just that B.S. Nobody wants to get audited and everyone with kids needs their money to take care of things so please either be 100% positive or be 100% silent! Thanks

@shediva05 mines say the same thing it has been received and is being processed

Yes ... but asking the same question and expecting a different answer is also not productive  and complaining/worrying/fretting  about things that cannot be changed is a waste of effort ... patience will be needed as the IRS processes millions of returns one at a time....

The IRS no longer processes returns in first in first out batches. They are processed individually so returns sent in at the same time will not necessarily process together.

The IRS states that 9 of 10 returns will process in 21 days or less from being accepted not filed. However considering that the IRS processes more than 140 million returns that means 14 million will be delayed for more than 21 days.

Think of the IRS process as a long pipe line. Some returns will be rejected before being allowed into the pipe and the rest will be accepted. Then once accepted into the pipeline many will process directly through without any delays and some will not.  Some returns will be siphoned off for further review of some kind. The basis of what triggers these reviews is a well guarded secret but some are just picked randomly every year.

Some reviews are automated and some will require human attention. The processing times will vary and due to the continued under staffing situation and the gov shutdown  they are likely to take much longer this year than last.  Heck the IRS  just got the seasonal temp staff on board just 3 weeks ago ... so patience is needed on all fronts.

Do you have that message saved so
You can copy and paste it into the forum?
champ_77

mines says "still being processed a date will provided when available" and some people says "being processed"? most people are saying the the messages make a difference..so anyone knows the difference with these two messages?

those are essentially  the same message... as you proceed thru the system the message will change ... check back once a day for the latest status.  
champ_77

Critter#2 thank you. people are saying "still being processing" mean you're being audited..i hope not.

Not necessarily ... audits usually come much later ... right now the return is going thru the filing process ...see my "pipeline" analogy earlier.

So this exact same thing happened to me last year. No bars. "Sill being processed message". Boyfriend got his already, best friend got a date of the 22nd with the same credits and close to same income and return size. Last year I did not get my return until the end of May!!! I just had to wait. Did not get any info when I called. They told me it was processing. I got a letter from irs in March saying I was under review and to check back in six weeks. Checked in six weeks they told me I didnt need anything and it was still processing and to wait. Finally got a date in May. I'm hoping I dont have the same as last year. I only had one job all year. Am going to school but didnt qualify for any school credits.

my says this and no code

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
Please Note:
For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies