turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return has been saying it's being processed for the last 4weeks should I be worried

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My return has been saying it's being processed for the last 4weeks should I be worried

No. The messages and bars on Where’s My Refund? may change; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously.

Please feel free to review the following IRS link if you haven't already, 2017 Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

If applicable:

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?

• According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.
  • Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 17. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February.

Also, if you chose to pay TurboTax with your federal refund, once the IRS reviews and approves your federal refund, the amount is sent to a third-party, who processes the TurboTax fees and the remaining amount is deposited into the bank account you provided. The state refund(s) must be reviewed and approved and will be sent directly from the state(s) (no third-party is involved). Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

Kimmacon1

My return has been saying being processed since 8/23/2019. I have filed amendment and everything,  but that is not showing.

@Kimmacon1 What is showing as being processed--the original tax return or your amended return?  Did you mail in an amended return -- a Form 1040X -- before your tax return had been fully processed?  What exactly did you do?  If the IRS has your original return and a Form 1040X from you at the same time, you caused confusion that is going to delay processing.

You are only supposed to mail in an amended return AFTER your original return has been fully processed, so that you can correct mistakes or add information that should have been on the original return.  And amended returns cannot be e-filed--they have to be mailed.  It takes the IRS about four months to process an amended return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies