Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kristina-ponds
Returning Member

My return from 2021 was audited and it took so long my account was closed. They issued a check the 10th still nothing

I need to talk with someone that can actually help me at turbo tax, how can I talk to a person that can help? 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My return from 2021 was audited and it took so long my account was closed. They issued a check the 10th still nothing

Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

If the IRS sent a deposit to a closed bank account, the bank will send it back to the IRS, and then the IRS will mail a check to the address you have on your tax return.  That will take several extra weeks.  Watch your mail -- open all mail even if it looks like junk mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kristina-ponds
Returning Member

Yeah I've reached out to the support with no help, everything was messed up with this tax year and I didn't know turbo tax would send my money to some third party over seas or something, the customer service is no help and I'm not so sure they aren't holding my check to make another hundred off me, cause that's what I was charged plus the 300 from turbo tax. Everyone got paid but me and I'm not very happy. Audit protection sucked, asked me to not proceed with my appealing the audit they didn't think it would do any good, thank God I didn't listen to them and that was after initially I turbo tax tried to convince me I didn't purchase audit protection when I did. So I have little faith I'll even see my money soon if at all. 

If you chose to have your fees deducted from your federal refund, but entered wrong or closed bank account information for your direct deposit, you are going to have an aggravating, frustrating situation.  Your refund will go back to the third party bank. The third party bank might issue and mail you a check, or they might send your refund back to the IRS and then you will have to wait for the IRS to mail you a check.

If the third party bank mails the check, it will come in a plain envelope via first class mail so make sure you open all mail and do not assume anything is junk mail without opening it.  While you are waiting, make sure that the address you entered on your tax return is correct, or your problem will be even worse.

When you choose “refund processing” your refund goes FIRST  from the IRS to the third party bank.  Then the bank takes your fees out of your refund and sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kristina-ponds
Returning Member

Actually I feel no effort of any kind has been made. I think a mix up about my PO Box and street address was made and the check was sent back to the bank, I have been in contact with them and they want me to fill out a stop payment that I'd have to have notarized with a seal from a notary. I told them my address is fixed with the post office and they can send it back to me as i am sure they have it. This is the most bs I've been through and I will never use turbo tax and will be contacting an ombudsman, the BBB, any one I can for help. The people at the bank are rude and I did business with turbo tax who has been paid, along with the bank, the fee they charge to issue a check and a fee to even do business I didn't do, turbo tax did. I am sure it's in the fine print somewhere so little you cant read about the fee but It has been a long time and I have no help no where only obstacles. 

TurboTax gets no information from the IRS after you file your tax return.   It is unclear what exactly happened---you mention a mixup regarding a post office box.   So it sounds like you had an incorrect address on your tax return, which became a large part of your problem.   The address on a tax return is entered by the user---so in the future, check your return for accuracy carefully before you file it.   Now you have to sort this out with the third party bank and ---sorry--jump through the hoops-- to correct your address according to their requirements.   If they are requesting that you use a notary ---then do that.   

As for your lack of awareness of the refund processing fee, etc.---it was all there on the screens and you apparently did not read carefully when you chose refund processing.   Much of this could be avoided if you pay your software fees upfront using a credit or debit card before you file your return.

kristina-ponds
Returning Member

Actually the address is correct but this isn't the only issue I had, turbo tax had me fill out a form and my address was correct but after a year and a half my account was closed and I had audit protection that was garbage and tried to talk me outta filing forward with my taxes, after turbo tax tried to deny I had the audit protection I didn't I file with a third party and all turbo tax is worried about is getting money and not helping any issues at all. The foreign bank customer service is rude and the only reason they probably want me to even fill out this form is to take yet more money when I have already had an extra hundred from them taken. Like I said I think turbo tax should be the one to deal with their third party, no one reads every word of all the fine print. Yes there were circumstances and no they weren't my error, my address is the same as it is on my tax form. Thanks once again for not helping. No one should have to go through this and jump through hoops, I've jumped through to many and spent countless hours even to talk to a real person with turbo tax and I will try to rectify this situation somehow. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies