Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was set up for dd Finally got rid of path message but not it’s saying they will mail paper check by 3/1!!! Never happened before,.amyome else get this message?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

My refund was set up for dd Finally got rid of path message but not it’s saying they will mail paper check by 3/1!!! Never happened before,.amyome else get this message?

I requested a direct deposit refund. Why are you mailing it to me as a paper check?

There are three possible reasons. They are as follows:

• We can only deposit refunds electronically into accounts in your own name, your spouse's name or in a joint account.
  • A financial institution may reject a direct deposit.
  • We can’t deposit more than three electronic refunds into a single financial account.
Above are the reason the IRS gives as to why they may send a check instead of direct deposit. I would suggest you to check your paper or electronically stored return from this year to verify your bank account information. Make sure the information matches your routing and account number. You can find this information in the refund section of your form 1040. If the account and routing number has X's in the box, that mean s no account number was entered so therefore the IRS would send a check.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies