Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was due to be deposited today , and it wasn’t . Why not ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
EbonyL

If you tracked your refund using the Where’s My Federal Refund? tool and it states your refund date was 2/15/2019, IRS asks that if your refund is not credited to your account within 5 business days of your direct deposit date, to check with your bank to see if it has been received. If it has not been received after the 5th business day, then you would need to contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1954 to initiate a refund trace. The Bureau of Fiscal Service may need to review your claim before they can re-issue your IRS refund check, which can take up to 6 weeks to complete.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4181364

If you have elected to have your TurboTax fees paid from your tax refund, you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

It won't let me sign in says can't find my info

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you use pay with your refund when you filed? 

You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline: 1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website.   

Tax returns can disappear from WMR while they are being processed.   

Please see below.   

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wheres my refund gave me a direct deposit date of today. I haven't received it and also doesn't say refund was sent. But still gives today's date.  Any ideas? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

It is possible that the IRS has changed the refund direct deposit date and it is also possible that the refund has been sent to your bank, but Where's My Refund has not updated to reflect "Refund Sent".

It can take up to 5 business days for your bank to deposit your tax return into your account. If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your bank for direct deposit. 

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax no longer receives updates. You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount
japhelps23
Returning Member

My stimulus payment was due to arrive on can’t card ending 2217

AndreaMc1

My irs get my payment said my stimulus check was deposited on January 4th I still haven't received my money what's going on

Regarding receipt of your Stimulus Check, if the IRS site is stating that it was paid out to your bank then I would suggest you first check with your bank. If your bank does not show any record of receiving it, then you should check to make sure that you entered your banking information correctly - most specifically -  your account number because if the routing number and account number don't match for your bank, it would have shown on the IRS site that it was refused by the bank thus prompting the IRS to mail out a check to you. If you haven't changed your banking information in the past year, and you received your refund to your bank last year with no issues, then I would contact the IRS help center. 

Here's how to track where your stimulus check is

1. Wondering where your second stimulus check is? There's a way to see where its at.
  2. You can track your payment at IRS.gov -- just click on the "Get My Economic Impact Payment" tool:

Get My Economic Impact Payment - IRS

I cannot get through to the IRS when I call.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Once your returns are accepted by the IRS, TurboTax no longer receives any updates on them. Since all returns are not the same, some people will receive their refunds quicker than others, even if they have been submitted at the exact same time. You can track your refund with the IRS Where’s My Refund link https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

Checked the taxpay link says it was funded when cam I expect it?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS releases most refunds with some exceptions, within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been approved, not 21 days from the e-filing date.   

You can track your refund here at Where's My Refund?. The IRS FAQ page will cover the details.

Please refer to the following article for more information.

When will I receive my refund?  

The irs said that my deposit date is today but nothing is in my account yet will I get it today

The day has just started, and it can take your bank 1-5 days to credit the deposit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies