turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My refund was accepted on the Feb 1 and my bars are now missing and it says your refund is still processing your refund date will be provided when available is this ok?

U cant find out anything

My refund was accepted on the Feb 1 and my bars are now missing and it says your refund is still processing your refund date will be provided when available is this ok?

No LETTER eather talked to tax person and they don't understand they dont see any letters SENT.

So i asked what is yhe hold up they dont KNOW..and can't claim hardship....

If it's been more than 90 days since the return was accepted  then you can ask for help from the Tax Payer Advocate office:
At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate">http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Tax...>
ms-burnom

Not true. If your bars go missing  it means that your return has been flagged and has to be reviewed manually. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a few months.  Bottom line: no bars no refund  until the issue has been resolved.
Shaunamy

I just wanted to stop by and give people some hope. I file 4/6/19 accepted 4/8/19 21 days passed and nothing got a letter on my 21st day that I needed to verify my identity. Called in that following Monday and failed the verification cause I didnt know student loans counted as income but had to verify in person at closest IRS, did so on 5/1/19 they said it was back in the system got an update from still being processed a refund date when available to we have received tou return and it's being process on 5/9/19 at 3 am them got another update on 5/11/19 this morning at 3 am with a ddd of 5/15/19. So for some it takes a while for other it's a matter of days. Not sure how they decide between the two but good luck everyone!!
Shaunamy

Wanted to add my bars disappeared 4 days after being accepted and that's when the generic still processing came
jennyewo

Well good for you it should be that way for everyone this doesn’t make any since at all
Shaunamy

Your absolutely right. It seems to me that the ones who had to verify in person are closest IRS process faster than verifying your identity online or over the phone!!
Shaunamy

So I think that if you guys get a verifying letter in the future just go to your local IRS to verify. Maybe that will help lol Idk
bostress

The IRS website says that if your bars dissappear it means that your return has to be reviewed manually before a refund can be issued. 

Swanyae

@bostress where on the IRS website have you seen this info? I'd love to read and view that myself. Can you provide the link that goes directly to this info?
Chloe

All I'm saying is in regards to the answers given.

The same thing happened to me, because the irs put a hold on my account. They think I've had identity theft, so they're holding it and the tracker says "processing."

Nothing to do with the traffic.

I wish you luck though. 

Toya

Filed mine Jan 18th 2020 got accepted the 20th went on where’s my refund no bars that’s only because ppl are claiming rEICand ACTC 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. Once your refund has been accepted, it's now in the government's hands and has passed the initial inspection. The next step is for the government to approve your refund. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. The anticipated date for the IRS to start accepting returns is 1/27 and anyone with the EIC or ACTC will not process prior to 2/15. The link provided below can assist you with tracking your return:

When will I get my IRS tax refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies