Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was a lot less than it should have been and was deposited by 18 SBTPG LLC 18 SBTPG LLC TPG PRODUCTS?!? Where is the rest of my money?

My refund was a lot less than it shoul have been and was deposited by 18 SBTPG LLC 18 SBTPG LLC TPG PRODUCTS . I saw it happen to 100s of people in the forum and yes I do agree that a lawsuit should be filed if they’re just taking our money. I contacted TurboTax customer service and she had no idea she said the refund should’ve been released to me on the 18th and it should’ve been for the original amount and I said no it was $1400 or more less. And it’s not because of the IRS and it’s not because of the child tax credit I’ve already looked into it. If this can’t be resolved then I will reach out to somebody there has been thousands of people but this is happened to this year alone. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

My refund was a lot less than it should have been and was deposited by 18 SBTPG LLC 18 SBTPG LLC TPG PRODUCTS?!? Where is the rest of my money?

What tax year are you referring to?  Are you asking about your 2021 refund or your 2022 refund?  Lots of people had trouble with their 2021 refunds due to mistakes made with the recovery rebate credit or child tax credit.  

Have you checked to see how much the IRS says they sent to you?  It will show you on the IRS refund site.  If you received less than the IRS says they sent you, then only your TurboTax fees should have been deducted from the amount they sent.   Or did you owe back taxes, child support, etc?

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2022 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

When you choose "refund processing"   TurboTax gets its fees when the IRS releases your refund.  Your refund goes to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The amount of $1,400 sounds like the IRS removed the Recovery Rebate Credit for the 3rd stimulus payment from your 2021 tax refund that you received in 2022.

Is the amount sent/issued by the IRS the same as the refund amount shown on your 2022 federal tax return Form 1040 Line 35a? - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Yes, $1400 even sounds like a stimulus issue.  Did you receive it and then mistakenly claim it on your tax return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No it was not exactly 1400 it’s was like 1497.10 or something like that I would have to look. I did not receive a stimulus and when I did I claimed them all last year

No I just checked 

@Markallen1 wrote:

No I just checked 

If the amount on the IRS website is different then the amount entered on your Form 1040 Line 35a, how much is the difference?

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Verify your refund amount on your printed returns.

Do you see anything on your return for that amount? Did you claim Earned Income Credit, Child Care Credit?

If the IRS refunded you less than what your tax return shows, you will get a letter explaining the difference.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
twinduke

I am part of the 1000's of tax payers who have lost there 2021 tax return to the SBTPG , CEVISTA BANK , TPG CASH CARD , TURBO TAX SCAM.  DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I have waited for three years and tracked my refund of 12,277.10 to now there saying it's only $2,711.10 and SBTPG is giving me inaccurate information and invalid trace # fory direct deposit. Hire an attorney and make a complaint with the BBB(BETTER BUSINESS BUREA) AND THE FEDERAL RESERVE CONSUMER CORPORATION cause between TURBO TAX, CEVISTA BANK, AND SBTPG, THEY ARE ALL STEALING YOUR MONEY AND AVOIDING PAYING OUT ANY MONEY THATS OWED TO YOU. HOW THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS IS BEYOND ME! 

@twinduke Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the third party bank.   One thing you need to check though----what does the IRS say they sent for your refund?  This was for the 2021 tax return?  Lots of people made mistakes on 2021 and the IRS reduced their refunds if the IRS caught mistakes with the child tax credit or the recovery rebate credit.  So---check your IRS online account and see what the IRS says they sent to you for 2021.  And you should still even be able to see what the IRS refund site is saying for your 2021 refund amount.

Try checking your online account with the IRS (and if you filed a joint return—check for BOTH of you)

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

And...the IRS refund site:

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My tax refund is SHORT $750!!

deposited by TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC 

What is going on ?

Class action lawsuit?? 

@LisaAndrew wrote:

My tax refund is SHORT $750!!

deposited by TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC 

What is going on ?

Class action lawsuit?? 

Is the amount sent/issued by the IRS the same as the refund amount shown on your federal tax return Form 1040 Line 35a? - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If not, then go to this IRS website for information on reduced refunds - https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203

Have you factored in the TurboTax account fees and the TPG service charge of $40 plus any applicable sales tax?
Review your TurboTax account fees -
Sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on View Order Details

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Call 1-877-908-7228

Or - TPG-CSsupport@greendotcorp.com

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

If when you filed your return you selected to the option to Pay With My Refund, this option allows you to pay your TuboTax fees from your refund instead of paying them out of pocket.   TurboTax works with a third party bank to process this for you and they also charge a processing fee.  You should have received information from TurboTax explaining the details of the transaction and the costs involved with it.  These fees would not be the $750 that you mentioned, were taken from your refund.  

Another thing that may have happened is that the IRS may use some of your refund to pay off past-due federal debt.  You should first contact the agency to which you owe the money to find out if your debt was submitted for a tax refund offset.  Usually the Department of Treasury's Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) issues a letter if an offset occurs.  This is the agency that issues IRS tax refunds and Congress authorizes BFS to conduct the Treasury Offset Program (TOP).   If you don't receive a notice, you can contact them at 800-304-3107 (or TTY/TDD 800-877-8339). 

The IRS also issues notices if they make changes to your refund, and also post updates of any changes on Where's My Refund?.

@LisaAndrew 

Yes I contacted the IRS and confirmed the amount they said they were going to pay out. It is not the IRS keeping my money

Yes I remember about the fee that I agreed to, and no The amount that is missing far supersedes the amount they were supposed to take.

The IRS's tax statement for me, my TurboTax tax documents and TPGs own documentation show that I am shorted.

By hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Everybody knows to check on the fees and the IRS before wondering where any other money is. TPG is a bunch of thieves apparently and they're stealing our money and I'm going to take it out on TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies