The Refund Processing Service is an option for paying your TurboTax fee by deducting it from your federal tax refund. It's a convenient way to pay for TurboTax if you don't have (or don't want to use) your credit or debit card.
You don't need Refund Processing Service to e-file and process your refund, and refund processing won't slow down or speed up your refund.
There may be a charge for this service, depending on your situation and which add-ons you choose. We'll display the fees, if any, when you get ready to file.
- You'll need to e-file your federal return. It's not available if you paper-file your federal return
- The Refund Processing Service option only appears if you have a federal tax refund, and you can only deduct your fees from your federal (not state) refund
- You'll need to direct deposit your refund into a single account, and the name on the bank account needs to match the name on the tax return
- Refund Processing Service can only be used once to pay your fees
- Fees, if any, are charged once, when the IRS processes your return. If your return is rejected, you might have to enter your bank account info again, but we won't charge you a second time