My refund still has not been approved and it's been over 60 days since been accepted?

mandyk91-

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

jefforey

no help what so ever

@jefforey wrote:

no help what so ever

IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice. All Taxpayer Assistance Centers remain temporarily closed as are many volunteer tax preparation sites until further notice.

desirelove112617

On the website it says if its been 60 day and no refund or another letter to CALL when I call it say NO live reps only a recording. So my question is what are we to do if its been past 60 days and we can't talk to anyone? Is there a link we can use? Nothing is updated except the stimulus but what about us that are still waiting on our refund and hit our 60 day mark with NO INFORMATION !!?? PLEASE HELP!

CatinaT1

This might help answer some of your questions - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

jefforey

mine is going to be 90 days next week and seeing how almost everything is closed i guess all we can do is to try to remain patient

Oni31

Question. I haven’t received an audit letter yet it’s been 60 days and still waiting on my federal return. Did you receive an audit letter?