Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GreatGoldenGabby
Returning Member

My refund is about 2,000 less, not including the charges by TurboTax. And comes from "TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC".

I don't understand why my refund is over $2,000 less than what it's supposed to be. I've been doing business with this company for the past few years and this is absolutely unacceptable.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

My refund is about 2,000 less, not including the charges by TurboTax. And comes from "TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC".

Does the IRS site show that the refund they issued was the amount you expected?   Or does the IRS show that your refund was reduced?   If the IRS reduced your refund they will be sending you a letter.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Neither TT nor TPG is informed when the IRS reduces or offsets a refund, but it might be due to the stimulus or Child Tax Credit.  Wait for the letter from the IRS in the mail in 2-4 weeks.

GreatGoldenGabby
Returning Member

I checked IRS no deductions were taken. Only from this third party site. 

@GreatGoldenGabby - let's get at this another way,

What is on Line 30 of Form 1040? 

if your refund was reduced by $2100 that sounds like the Recovery Rebate.  TT asks how much was on Letter 4375...but if you filed "married-joint" there were supposed to be two letters, each one stating $2100 (assiming joint filing and 1 dependent).  If you did not enter the sum of BOTH letters, in effect, your tax return (on Line 30) indicated you didn't receive all the 3rd stimulus payment, when you actually did. THe IRS would have caught that error and adjusted accordingly. 

is that what is occuring here? 

belkatem

I just received my refund from TPG Products and it is $1935 less than what I was supposed to get. Yes I did opt in to pay the $49 fee but that is agregiously over the amount I was told it was going to be. I've read from the Turbo Tax responder that ALL of the money will be returned??? WHEN? I went away from Turbo Tax years ago because I heard some bad reports... I guess I should've stayed away. I won't recommend anyone use you anymore.

GreatGoldenGabby
Returning Member

Yes it's ridiculous, I called and they say it's the IRS but I don't believe it, I check with them and they know nothing. This is absurd!! 

No one stole your money.  TT does not even receive your tax refund.  And when the IRS makes an adjustment, it does not notify TT.  But it may be due to the Recovery Rebate (stimulus) or Child Tax Credit, for which many taxpayers (not just TT customers) have been making mistakes.  You will be getting a letter in the mail from the IRS in 2-4 weeks, so watch for it.

IRS updates frequently asked questions to assist those claiming the 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit

FS-2022-28, IRS updates Tax Year 2021/Filing Season 2022 Child Tax Credit Frequently Asked Questions...

belkatem

I don't believe I said anyone "stole" my money SweetJean. TurboTax needs to get their software corrected so that things like THIS do not happen. There are way too many people not getting what TurboTax told them and it's because of their faulty application and process of refunds. I have NEVER had any issues with the system I used before now... but decided to switch back to TT because the one I was using for years had "changed hands" and I wasn't happy with the way it was working. I won't be using TT anymore. I paid $145 for my return to be checked and guaranteed to be accurate and I might as well have thrown that in the trash. They checked NOTHING and got free money.

@belkatem - can we remove the emotion and go back and review your tax return and what you may have entered into TT? 

Every one of these posts comes back to the same two issues: The EIP (Stimulus) and the Child Advance Tax Credit.

In both cases, and this was unique to 2021 tax year, you were asked to enter how much you ALREADY received.  if you didn't, that is where all these issues are arising.  

The IRS didn't do any favors either because on the Stimulus payments, if you filed joint, they sent out TWO letters to confirm what you had received - one to each spouse.  While the amounts were the same on each letter, each letter only represented half the stimulus, they had to be ADDED TOGETHER to get to the accruate result on the tax return.  

If you truly didn't receive the stimulus (let's say the check was lost in the mail), the IRS still thinks you received it! and made adjustments on your tax return when you may have truthfully responded that you didn't receive it. 

the whole thing is a 'headache', but let's look for the root cause of the issues before stating it's TT's software.... (and I do not work for Intuit nor own any of their stock).

Look at lines 28 (Child tax credit) and line 30 (Recovery Rebate / Stimulus) - that is where the problems are.  If you read the news articles, there are millions and millions of errors that the IRS is finding - and I suspect it is not only TT users- it's the complexity and uniqueness of the IRS sending money back in advance of the tax return (meaning the stimulus payments and the advance child tax credit payments)

does that help?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies