turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

walls6555

My prior year tax return is not signed

My school needs my 2015 tax return, but the sent it back because page 69 wasn't signed. How do I go about signing this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Use a pen and sign it.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
walls6555

Well obviously....... But I need it for school, so I need to do it all online.... I'm going to school out of state, but thank you for that great and well thought out answer.....
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you e-filed your tax return, there is no written signature on the tax return. It was signed electronically. The electronic signature cannot be printed and does not appear in the PDF of the tax return. The people in the school's financial office should know this, but we often see that school financial office people are surprisingly ignorant of how tax returns are filed.

The easiest thing to do is to print the page that they want a signature on, sign it, and give them the signed copy. That should satisfy them.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Can you mail the signed form to the school? If not, see if you can find someone with a scanner that you can use. Scan the signed page and send them the scanned file by email, or upload the scanned file to their web site, if that's what you mean by doing it online. An office services store like Staples or FedEx Office might be able to scan a document for you.

Be cautious about sending anything with personal information, such as your Social Security number, by email or uploading to a web site. Email is not secure, and the web site might or might not be secure. If you have to email it, encrypt it if possible. Maybe they will accept a copy with the Social Security number blacked out.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies