My niece used TurboTax and thought she sent her taxes in but didn’t do the final step to submit. She just realized it. What can we do now?

A 2018 tax return can be e-filed at any time using TurboTax up through October 15, 2019.  If filing for a tax refund there are no penalties for filing after the due date.

When signing onto the TurboTax account and you land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  See screenshot

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.  Click on File on the left side of the program screen.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section.  In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if she's due a refund there will be no penalties for late filing