My information was stolen without my knowledge. Sh...

aqualls152

My information was stolen without my knowledge. She has been receiving my payments and has lied about receiving them. How do I get my money back?

My ex-roommate has received both of my payments. I need to figure out how to stop my money from going into her account.

File a police report for theft of funds.

Notify the IRS, state, credit bureaus, etc.  re Identity Theft as well.

If any of this was done through the mail, also file a report with the Postal Inspector.

fanfare

The police won't do anything.

You can report fraudulent Tax Returns to the IRS on a form they supply for that purpose.

The only way to get your money is to file a correct return for yourself on paper. IRS will investigate the conflict.