tomlisasmom

My federal return was accepted over a week ago..and my state still hasn't been accepted it has no t usually taken this long why?

Kat

Looks like your federal return fell into an early "test group", as the IRS isn't officially opening until January 28.  

State taxing authorities operate on their own schedules.  It's unlikely that any of the states will process returns (even to formally "accept" a return) until after January 28.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Kat