turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal return was accepted over a week ago..and my state still hasn't been accepted it has no t usually taken this long why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

My federal return was accepted over a week ago..and my state still hasn't been accepted it has no t usually taken this long why?

Looks like your federal return fell into an early "test group", as the IRS isn't officially opening until January 28.  

State taxing authorities operate on their own schedules.  It's unlikely that any of the states will process returns (even to formally "accept" a return) until after January 28.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like your federal return fell into an early "test group", as the IRS isn't officially opening until January 28.  

State taxing authorities operate on their own schedules.  It's unlikely that any of the states will process returns (even to formally "accept" a return) until after January 28.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies