• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahjanowiecki0

My ex husband claimed our 2 kids. I did too, unknowingly.. I think I need to remove them and see if I qualify for earned income as I am residential parent. Help??!!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MikeA

My ex husband claimed our 2 kids. I did too, unknowingly.. I think I need to remove them and see if I qualify for earned income as I am residential parent. Help??!!

Did you ex-husband already file the return?

To remove the kids from your return simply revisit the Personal Info section of TurboTax.  Once you do this, the refund monitor will update to the correct amount accounting for the change in Earned Income Credit.

You can revisit the Earned Income Credit section to see more details of the change.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MikeA

Did you ex-husband already file the return?

To remove the kids from your return simply revisit the Personal Info section of TurboTax.  Once you do this, the refund monitor will update to the correct amount accounting for the change in Earned Income Credit.

You can revisit the Earned Income Credit section to see more details of the change.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v