turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My estimated return date was a month ago, and I still haven't received mine. It says they were both accepted, how long does it usually take?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My estimated return date was a month ago, and I still haven't received mine. It says they were both accepted, how long does it usually take?

If you are referring to the date on the TurboTax Refund Tracker, the date you see on there is an estimated date based on data ranges from when other customers have filed; it's not exact nor takes into account other things the government may encounter during processing of your returns. 

Only the IRS and/or your state can provide exact refund dates since they provide those once they approve your refund. That will be the most accurate date and the one you should go by. So you want to always track your status on their websites. 

Accepted in TurboTax just means that the government has received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refund. Once they accept your return, they provide no further updates to TurboTax. The next step would be for the government to review/process your return and then approve your refund. 

Once they complete that, then they post an update on their website with a deposit (or check mailed) date for you. So you'll need to track status of your refund with the IRS and/or your state. As much as we would like to help, TurboTax does not distribute refunds, only the IRS or your state tax agency can legally do so. 

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

And you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status. 

Other Related Topics:

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are referring to the date on the TurboTax Refund Tracker, the date you see on there is an estimated date based on data ranges from when other customers have filed; it's not exact nor takes into account other things the government may encounter during processing of your returns. 

Only the IRS and/or your state can provide exact refund dates since they provide those once they approve your refund. That will be the most accurate date and the one you should go by. So you want to always track your status on their websites. 

Accepted in TurboTax just means that the government has received your return. That is the status of your return; not your refund. Once they accept your return, they provide no further updates to TurboTax. The next step would be for the government to review/process your return and then approve your refund. 

Once they complete that, then they post an update on their website with a deposit (or check mailed) date for you. So you'll need to track status of your refund with the IRS and/or your state. As much as we would like to help, TurboTax does not distribute refunds, only the IRS or your state tax agency can legally do so. 

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

And you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status. 

Other Related Topics:
DRUNETTA
Returning Member

HTTWCC190981322 EXPECTED RETURN ????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies