Solved: My bank account is closed that I had my income tax directly deposited to what do I do??

My bank account is closed that I had my income tax directly deposited to what do I do??

Wait for a check from the IRS. You can't change anything on an efiled return that has been accepted. The bank will refuse the direct deposit and the IRS will issue a check.

How long did the process take.

It will probably take the IRS until near the end of February to process your return if it is accepted on or soon after Jan. 28. You should add at least 2 more weeks for a check to be mailed to you and maybe longer.

If your return is rejected for some reason, you can change the bank information before you resubmit your return.

It took almost an extra month