turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My bank account is closed that I had my income tax directly deposited to what do I do??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My bank account is closed that I had my income tax directly deposited to what do I do??

Wait for a check from the IRS. You can't change anything on an efiled return that has been accepted. The bank will refuse the direct deposit and the IRS will issue a check.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Wait for a check from the IRS. You can't change anything on an efiled return that has been accepted. The bank will refuse the direct deposit and the IRS will issue a check.

How long did the process take.

It will probably take the IRS until near the end of February to process your return if it is accepted on or soon after Jan. 28. You should add at least 2 more weeks for a check to be mailed to you and maybe longer.

If your return is rejected for some reason, you can change the bank information before you resubmit your return.

It took almost an extra month
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies