Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My amended tax return was rejected and I need to make a few corrections. However, when I log into Turbo Tax, I don't see where to make the corrections

There is no Fix Return option when I go to try to make corrections to my amended tax return. Is this going to pop up? How am I going to know what to fix?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

My amended tax return was rejected and I need to make a few corrections. However, when I log into Turbo Tax, I don't see where to make the corrections

What year are you amending? Only current year returns are able to be e-filed, so if you are trying to file a prior year amendment, it will be rejected. You will need to paper file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is an amendment for this years tax returns, not a prior year. 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should be able to access this amended return, make your corrections, and e-file it again. 

Here's how to do that:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Add State to get into the return. 
  3. Select Review, then Check my return. If your return has any errors in the section prior to Review, the details will come up here. Address each issue and keep going until there are no additional details, messages, or questions. 
  4. If nothing comes up in Review, then the error is in the File section. In other words, it's the prior year AGI for you, or your spouse, if this is a joint return. 
  5. When you're finished, select Continue to File and continue until you e-file your return. 

If you need help verifying, or finding your 2022 AGI, follow this link. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wait----please explain EXACTLY what you are trying to do.   Your post mentions a rejected return.  You do not click on anything that says "amend" to fix a rejected e-file.  Did you click "amend" in order to make a change to a return that was rejected?   A rejected return has never been seen by the IRS.  You only use the "amend" process to make corrections or add information to returns that have been e-filed successfully and which have been fully processed by the IRS.

Sometimes users use the word "amend" loosely when they really mean they are trying to make a correction.  If your e-file was rejected:

You received an email that we cannot see that tells you why your tax return was rejected.  

Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead.

What is the rejection code or rejection message? 

If it was rejected for AGI—-your 2022 AGI might not be in the IRS system if you filed late.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies