bodyman50la

My amended federal return was accepted on May 10th. Still have not received my refund. What should I do?

GeorgeDenseff

Amended returns take 16 weeks in normal years.  Due to COVID and tax law changes, the IRS is far behind a normal year.  All you can do is wait for them to get to your amended return.   No one can tell you when that might happen.  

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

emilar59

Has there ever been a time they send your paper check but don't update the account? I am well into my 6 month with nothing showing up except that we have no information at this time blah, blah, blah

. It was accepted by them on March 3!!!!

i

JAK1974

Mine was accepted on May 10th, Adjusted Aug 20th, and Completed Sept 10th.....so when will I actually get my refund?