turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 45 days review started on 3/4. STILL NO REFUND

It appears after getting an accepted refund, then a 1541 message, because i have the earned Income
credit filing. Now im being told, I was given a letter and it was sent out on 3/04, stating an additional 45 day review. Anyone else speak with a live IRS representative to be told this in the last few days.
Unbelievable.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
mcmillev
Returning Member

Yes, I have my review won't start till march 11 or 18th i have both dates on my transcript. I called and got my w2's were not recorded and i have to wait till my employer sends them in but I they have done that. So  I had to get a tax advocate to help get my taxes pushed through it has been almost 2 months. My 21 days was up on the 24 of Feb. I don't know how true the wage verification is but its alot of us still waiting for our refund....so sadSmiley Sad

Shanta

Filed 01/30 accepted the same day then code code 1541,now processing. Called I’m being held for wage verification but no letter is being showed as sent this is crazy to me I work for the government in my state why would they send w2 info for one and not all that’s a lie. Tired of calling and looking at transcript this is beyond crazy

Agreed

That’s what I was told as well. Soooo I called my old employer and asked what’s going on and they said “we sent them, but as of last Monday the social security administration was only 10% done with filing the companies”..... which idk how she would know that, I think she just wanted to get me off the phone lol

I am under  review also I have received two letters from IRS after I called to see what was going on after I didnt receive mine on the 28th of Feb it says allow 60 days on both letters dated march 1 its gives a list of reasons why they are reviewing and Tax credits was one of them and I have a grandson that is the reason I figure I am getting reviewed because I am raising him he was born in August and I didnt know they have to live in the household 7 months so I figure that is the holdup on mine it sure is making it hard on us too because I depend on my tax money to get ahead on bills and property taxes I filed with turbo tax done everything it said and I have received a email wanting their payment in april so next year I will be going with someone else know how everyone is feeling 

Shanta

I filed 01/30 accepted the same date then had code 1541now still saying processing no letter has been received or sent out I called Irs was told mine is being held for wage verification which is crazy I work for same place for 15 years and it’s a government job in my state now turbo tax want there money by next month this is hella crazy 😜 I’m about to go exempt if you have to go threw this mess just to get refund
Tammy1634
Returning Member

I received a CP05 letter dated March 4 saying they needed 45 days to review my return. March 7, I received another stating they needed an additional 60 days . I’m very upset and need my money to pay bills. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies