mstout52

Must I file an amended return after getting a corrected form showing a change to a 1b qualified dividend of $46? Does IRS 6721 and 6722 mean I don't have to refile?

Since the change is less than $100, I am hoping I don't need to file an amended return but I really don't know. thanks.

KenH1

I would not amend for such a small amount.  

The IRS will eventually send a "statement of proposed changes" and either refund the difference, or ask you to pay the difference, with a very small interest-based penalty.

KenH1

mstout52

Thank you so much for your response. My CFP feels the same way you do, but wanted to get another opinion before deciding. Very helpful.
KenH1

You're welcome!