turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mstout52

Must I file an amended return after getting a corrected form showing a change to a 1b qualified dividend of $46? Does IRS 6721 and 6722 mean I don't have to refile?

Since the change is less than $100, I am hoping I don't need to file an amended return but I really don't know. thanks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KenH1

Must I file an amended return after getting a corrected form showing a change to a 1b qualified dividend of $46? Does IRS 6721 and 6722 mean I don't have to refile?

I would not amend for such a small amount.  

The IRS will eventually send a "statement of proposed changes" and either refund the difference, or ask you to pay the difference, with a very small interest-based penalty.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KenH1

I would not amend for such a small amount.  

The IRS will eventually send a "statement of proposed changes" and either refund the difference, or ask you to pay the difference, with a very small interest-based penalty.

mstout52

Thank you so much for your response. My CFP feels the same way you do, but wanted to get another opinion before deciding. Very helpful.
KenH1

You're welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies