Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IES
Level 2

Missing tax return

My 2021 tax return is missing.  It disappeared after a turbo tax update in the Fall of 2022.  Strange time to update returns that have already been filed months earlier.

Oddly enough, the whole thread posting about a missing tax return is also missing or VERY hard to find.  I am not the only person in the world whose 2021 tax files have disappeared.  It shouldn't be this hard to report a problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Missing tax return

Can you provide more information? Are you using the CD/Download or online? What version is online? Or are you missing your .tax files?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DVJ

Missing tax return

Hello,

I too am missing my 2021 tax return after filing with a rejection from IRS via email from Turbotax.  I've done everythinng to recover this file.  I do have a printed copy of the completed taxes and copy of extension filed, However, I needed to complete 2022 taxes.  

This is why I have used Tubotax software over 20 years.

DVJ

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Missing tax return

First, make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years. Otherwise, the below instructions won't work.

If you're signing in for the first time this year, we may ask you some questions before you get to the Tax Home screen where you can access your prior year returns. 

If you need to find an account, our account recovery tool can help you find your User ID or password.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for additional assistance:

@DVJ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies