Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missing money in return

IRS already notified of us what was deducted from my return. I checked our fees for filing through TurboTax and it came to $110. We got a deposit today and we are missing $741.33. All I can think of is this is a partial refund? Someone from TurboTax please advise. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Missing money in return

If your refund was a refund advance loan, then it is definitely a partial refund.  If this is a regular refund then IRS could have adjusted your refund to Offset certain debts.  IRS will send a letter of explanation within a few weeks.  You can wait until then or, setup an online account where you can view activities.

IRS Online Account

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Missing money in return

We did not get an advance loan. I already have an IRS account, so as I said, we already know what deductions were done by the IRS for debt and what they were for. They told us a total after the deductions and we are still $743 short on our refund deposit after it came through TurboTax and $110 in fees was taken out. $110+$159.67 that we got in deposit does not equal $901 that we were told by the IRS. We deserve an explanation. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Missing money in return

You will receive a letter of explanation from the IRS.  TurboTax is not involved in the process once the return has been submitted to the IRS.  All refund inquiries should be made to the IRS.  TurboTax does not see your information once the return is filed.

You can call 1-800-829-1040 to get answers to your federal tax questions 24 hours a day.

@cdockter2 

Missing money in return

Again, we already have a breakdown of what was taken out, so if TurboTax has nothing to do with it, who you choose to do the refunds robbed us of more than $700 when we already live paycheck to paycheck, so that’s cool. Because the IRS already gave us a breakdown of what is all taken out, because I have an online account. There is some shady s**t going on here.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Missing money in return

This is a link for Santa Barbara Bank contact information.  Hope this helps.

@cdockter2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies