Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Maybe they just behind and trying to play catch-up I filed the 23 but it’s crazy cause people I filed before got they refund today

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Next question is has everyone on this post filed there own taxes or when to someone?

No I didn’t I went to ITM and they file my taxes

I don’t think you have anything to worry about then it’s just a waiting game

I did mine. So u think they can update any day or only sat and sun? Why would they post a 1541 code?
jaek1213

Been doing my own taxes for 10+ years.  Never ever had an issue.

Ok just a heads up if you do have the code DO NOT ignore it because likely, somethings wrong and if you updated from it, it only means they found/fixed your problem... I got in touch with a Tax Advocate and she told me right away my hold was for wages.. she could see a W2 in their system that I haven’t even recieved from my employer nor has it updated on SSA.gov so it’s showing I underreported my income so I’m guessing I just have to wait for them to get in touch with my employer and update everything idk. but she did warn me if you are actually under review, there’s nothing even they can do until the IRS’ 45 days are up. Sucks but thought that might help someone

@Beloved.09 Do you normally update on Sundays ?

I think we update Saturday.

I have been waiting 20 days for my letter. I never received anything. So the 2nd rep says there was no letter now I am confused! Files 1/22 accepted the same day 2/15 changed to 1541 no changes since

I hope so
jaek1213

@briannaharris700  How did you contact a tax advocate? I'm having the same issue except they are saying I'm over-reporting b/c 2 of my W-2's aren't showing up in the system. Do you have a number or website I can go to?

I called One Eight Seven Seven Seven - Seven Seven seven - Four Seven Seven Eight (wouldn’t let me post the number) the hold time is horrible but they got to the bottom of my problem right away so it was well worth it.

I called One Eight Seven Seven Seven - Seven Seven seven - Four Seven Seven Eight (wouldn’t let me post the number) the hold time is horrible but they got to the bottom of my problem right away so it was well worth it.
jaek1213

@briannaharris700 thanks, I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies