Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chhackman

Maryland form 502SU will not print or show up in pdf of forms eventhough there are entries for 529 contributions

maryland form 502SU will not print or can it be saved as pdf. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Maryland form 502SU will not print or show up in pdf of forms eventhough there are entries for 529 contributions

The Maryland instructions specifically state that if you have only one code that applies to form 502SU that you do not need to add this form to the return. "If only one of these subtractions applies to you, enter the amount and the code letter on line 13 of Form 502; then the use of Form 502SU may be optional." (page 8 at Maryland Individual 2019 Tax Booklet)

[Edited 3/26/2020 10:02 am CDT - updated for 2019]

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have noticed that in certain cases, if the subtractions will fit on form 502 (note the four spaces for codes on line 13), then form 502SU is not added to the return by TurboTax. I imagine that with as many returns as TurboTax does, if the state of Maryland did not like this, the state would have said something.

Note that since the codes are on line 13 on form 502, then putting the same code (<=4) on form 5012SU would seem to be redundant.

Does that cover your situation?
chhackman

No because the state does not write code for the Turbo Tax program.  They expect that filers will complete the required forms.  If the required forms are not in the return package, the state will hold up refunds until the form is filed.  Since turbo tax will not print or add form 502 SU to a pdf file, I will have to order the from in paper from from the state and send it in.  What's the point of using Turbo Tax if it can't complete all the forms required.

How do I go about notifying Turbo Tax that there is a glich in their tax program? This is not a walk around it needs to be a correction to Turbo Tax code.

Did you have more than one code for 502SU? The Maryland instructions specifically state that if you have only one code, you do not need to add form 502SU. "If only one of these subtractions applies to you, enter the amount and the code letter on line 13 of Form 502; then the use of Form 502SU may be optional." (page 7 at forms.marylandtaxes.gov/current_forms/resident_booklet.pdf )
chhackman

Thank you, I looked at the instructions for form 502SU and now understand your response.   I only had one code on form 502SU, so that explains how Turbo Tax prepared my return.  I appreciate your advice.

Thank you @chhackman for helping me work through the answer.

The Maryland instructions specifically state that if you have only one code that applies to form 502SU that you do not need to add this form to the return. "If only one of these subtractions applies to you, enter the amount and the code letter on line 13 of Form 502; then the use of Form 502SU may be optional." (page 8 at Maryland Individual 2019 Tax Booklet)

[Edited 3/26/2020 10:02 am CDT - updated for 2019]

George391_Wang
Returning Member

Thank you very much !!you answer my question on Maryland tax return on  attached form 502 SU. which  doesn't print in my case thank you for the link

George H. K.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies