Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

(2017 Taxes) I faxed my 1095-A and 8962 (PTC) form on 3/2/18. After calling a representative he has claimed that there is an 8 week waiting period?

Here's a timeline of my 2018 tax adventure

Fed return transmitted:02/05/18

Fed return accepted: 02/05/18

TurboTax estimated refund date: 02/26/18

Called IRS first time 02/27/18 notified of Letter 0012C

Letter 0012C marked date: 02/28/18

1095A & 8962 Fax confirmation date: 03/02/18

Letter 0012C received date: 03/05/18

Called to verify fax received (1st time): 03/06/18

And I was told by the representative on the line that the faxes have yet to be processed in the system and that they normally take 8 weeks to do so. I submitted my return at the beginning of February - if it is 8 weeks from any day this week to process, I'm looking at the beginning of May for a DDD. That's ridiculous.

Literally 3 months of "processing" in order to get a return. Does anyone have experience with this waiting period being faster than normal? Please, just some glimmer of hope that it won't take 8 weeks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
WillK
Intuit Alumni

(2017 Taxes) I faxed my 1095-A and 8962 (PTC) form on 3/2/18. After calling a representative he has claimed that there is an 8 week waiting period?

Many taxpayers this year are in the same position you are in waiting to find out when the refund will be issued. Some have reported that it has taken about 5 weeks, a few longer. I know it isn't a solid answer, but keep checking wheres my refund and see when the status has changed: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies