turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

doru2906_

What is the address for the Department of Treasury IRS to mail out my return forms?

I did my return through Turbo Tax and asked me to mail out the form once it was done to the Department of Treasury Internal Revenue Service at Austin TX 73301 but it doesn't give me a P.O. Box number. I've been tracking my package and says it got to the Post Office and is available for pickup but who will pick it up? I want to know the P.O. box or exact address it needs to get to.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Doc5108

What is the address for the Department of Treasury IRS to mail out my return forms?

Where to MAIL (Send) your tax return. It depends on which state you live in and which forms, you can find the address here: https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment Click on your State and the different Forms and address where they should be sent are displayed.  The address usually is Different if you Owe or are Receiving a Refund.

View solution in original post

43 Replies
ctomtth

Hi did it got delivered ?? please reply facing same issue
Doc5108

Click on the Blue link in my answer below to find where to Mail your Federal Taxes.  I update the link to the IRS site.

Pretty sure the Post Office in Austin TX knows how to get mail to the IRS office in Austin.

Did yours ever get delivered? My certified mail has been in transit for over a week now, and still nothing.
Doc5108

Where to MAIL (Send) your tax return. It depends on which state you live in and which forms, you can find the address here: https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment Click on your State and the different Forms and address where they should be sent are displayed.  The address usually is Different if you Owe or are Receiving a Refund.

Many IRS addresses are just like that one...no actual street address just the city, state, zip with the IRS name on it.  They must be the only one with that particular zip code.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Doc5108...stop being so aggressive. You are incorrect. The link you keep repeatedly referring to has exactly the same address listed that the OP referenced. You obviously haven't LOOKED at the link you keep repeatedly referring everyone to. Please just butt out, you have nothing useful to add. 

Chpop

I have the same problem, it says ready for pick up. The mail I received from the IRS shows their address as Austin, TX 73301 saying that the complete address will pop up on the post office computer screen. Did they receive yours? I don’t know what to do.

@Chpop wrote:

I have the same problem, it says ready for pick up. The mail I received from the IRS shows their address as Austin, TX 73301 saying that the complete address will pop up on the post office computer screen. Did they receive yours? I don’t know what to do.

The US Post Office will deliver the envelope to the IRS address and location as shown in the IRS website for your state - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

If you use a private delivery service, such as UPS, FedEx or DHL then the physical address must be used.  See this IRS website for private delivery service IRS addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/submission-processing-center-street-addresses-for-private-delivery-servic...

Brendac

@doru2906_ What did you do? I sent mine also and it’s saying it’s at the post office waiting to be picked up.

Brendac

@Chpop Did the irs ever get it? I just sent mine out and it’s saying it’s at the post office waiting to be picked up.

Chpop

@Brendac yes! Give it some time and it will say delivered to the IRS mailing front desk/mail department. 

Brendac

Thank you soo much!!! It says it arrived today. I didn’t know if i had to send it again lol

OP did it get resolved? I sent mine out on friday and today it says it’s available for pickup at Austin,TX how does that work? Do i have to send it again?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies