Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jennyewo

How long does it take to get refund after identity verification?

Ok I will give them a call
jennyewo

Just got off the phone with IRS they said that I should have my refund by June 4  or sooner they don’t need anything else from me

I'm on the phone waiting for someone to come on

I just called the lady said that I should have it by the end of this month. I hope so

@makalah46  how long has it been for you? Today makes 8 weeks for me

It’s been 9 weeks May 8th

I called earlier today the lady gonna say I pass my verification which I already knew and they reviewed my account on April 30th and to give it by June 30th smh this is ridiculous

@makalah46 you need to call if you haven’t received an update it’s 9 weeks after verification date

This is the most stressful tax season EVER! File before in the past with no trouble. With 3 kids and another on the way,it just gets more stressful. Filed on 3/22 did my verification on 4/15. Now I'm playing the waiting game. It's been 5 wks for me. They told me to call if I don't receive my refund by 6/17. Praying,that's all I can do right now. Called the IRS 2 weeks ago to see if I needed or have anything else coming in the mail. Nope! Everything's good. Thank goodness I have a job. But still that refund is money I've earned. It's just not right having us to wait. But after this Friday,I'm done checking wmr. I'll check back once it's around my refund due date.

They need an additional 60 dats from April 1st so by the end of May beginning of June

Same here he said June 30th but it will most likely come faster. Said the income is why it's being held up right now and if it doesn't match what's on the W2's they will have to adjust it on their end then release the funds right away.

I verified ID 4/12. Still haven't received anything.. Still says they've received my refund & is being processed.

@alyssa11mando88 join the club :( I verified 4/15 nothing. We all are patiently waiting for the irs to decide they want to release our funds. They probably told you to wait 9 weeks for an update. Just like ya some of have had better luck most of us are continuously waiting for an update not even a ddd. A couple people got to the 9 weeks and then they needed an additional 60days. I hope you have good luck

Thank you same to you!

Welp called yesterday and was told the 60 day wait by one rep. For some reason after I got off the phone with him. I called again (with a different rep)and what do ya know! He said I'm on a 45 day hold. Which were I was chosen "randomly". Will get in touch with a TA either this morning or tomorrow morning.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies