turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kayliv75

Mailed my tax refund

I mailed my tax refund but never received my check. It still says ready to mail on the website and when I called, they said they didn’t see a refund for me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Mailed my tax refund

The TurboTax account will always indicate Ready to Mail since the program has no way to know when or even if the tax return was ever mailed.

If you are due a tax refund then you can check the IRS website for federal tax refunds about 4 weeks after mailing the tax return - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If it has been longer than 4 weeks since mailing the return and there is no status then contact the IRS.  If they reply that they have no information concerning your tax return then you would have to print and mail the federal tax return again.  This time mail the return using a tracking service from the US Post Office with a receipt requested to confirm the tax return was received by the IRS.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Mailed my tax refund

When did you mail it?  Did you mail a state return too?  Federal and state go in separate envelopes to different places.  Some people have been mailing both to the state so the IRS never got the federal.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies