duantez

Made a mistake on my fed taxes

adding proof of income

ddaven12

Made a mistake on my fed taxes

If you have not yet filed your tax return, you can go back and make the correction by following the steps below:

1. Sign into your Online account

2. Click the button that says Take me to my return.

3. Select Federal in the left navigation panel.

4. Next select Income & Expenses from the top.

5. Under All income,  select Show more next to the income that you wish to correct(ex. if you wish to add a Form W-2, select show more next to Wages and Salaries. Then select Start/Revisit then Add/Edit the W-2.

If you have  already filed your tax return you would first need to wait and see if your tax return is accepted or rejected. If rejected, follow the steps above to correct the income. 

If accepted you would need to wait until after you have received your tax refund and then Amend your tax return.

Please reply below if you need additional assistance.

ddaven12

Made a mistake on my fed taxes

1. Sign into your Online account