Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gjnico

[MAC] 2014 return PDF

I want to convert a copy of my 2014 TurboTax return to a PDF from the ttax file format that is saved on my computer. When I open the TurboTax 2014 program, it repeatedly asks me for a password. Regardless of how many times it says that it does not recognize and forces me to change my PW, nothing allows me past that screen. Why won't the program allow me to see the return that I created 2 years ago and convert it to a PDF? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

[MAC] 2014 return PDF

In 2014, Turbotax implemented a new password procedure in which your password was linked to your turbotax web site account password.  This would in theory allow customer support to unlock your file if you forgot the password.  The feature did not work very well and was eventually abandoned.

Make sure you have internet access, and try unlocking the file with your current turbotax online account name and password.  If you get it open, save a copy without a password.  (There are better ways to encrypt documents on the Mac anyway.)

If you can't get it open, you will need to contact customer support.  Customer support hours are given below. To contact support, use this web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

View solution in original post

1 Reply

[MAC] 2014 return PDF

In 2014, Turbotax implemented a new password procedure in which your password was linked to your turbotax web site account password.  This would in theory allow customer support to unlock your file if you forgot the password.  The feature did not work very well and was eventually abandoned.

Make sure you have internet access, and try unlocking the file with your current turbotax online account name and password.  If you get it open, save a copy without a password.  (There are better ways to encrypt documents on the Mac anyway.)

If you can't get it open, you will need to contact customer support.  Customer support hours are given below. To contact support, use this web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies