Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

klsrocks

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

And also my return has no issues, at all!!! It's being looked at because of the amount!!!!!!! Are you serious. I'm a pather with Eic, and ACTC and W-2 and 10-99. They still reviewed me. Are you serious!!! No letter coming or action on my end!!! Go figure!!!!

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

I was told I was randomly picked for ID verification. Not sure how long it will be to get my refund. I  have to wait for a letter then answer guestions. Could be months.

I agree with klsrocks!" Get as many answers as possible until you feel comfortable", or one that make some kind of sense at least. As far as tax advocate, they were no help at all to me. Last year the Irs told me my refund may take up to 90days and I should be expecting a letter. But it did not take that long it took maybe 30 days after they released funds for those who claimed eic and ctc. I did not get a letter a month or two after I got my refund.

They never gave me a reason why mines is being reviewed he said it was just picked at random he doesn’t see any letters going out yet

Last year the first 2x I called the Irs they told me the same thing. They did not see any problems Just sometimes just a random review and they did not see any letters. Call again next week and someone might tell you something different. The 3x I called that's when I got a answer that made more sense.

The person I talked to said “oh so you filed really early” (1/29)after he asked when did I file (security reasons) and that’s all he said on that. He said Turbo tax realeased it late?.. never filing with them again, basically he said they held on to my return even though on there website it said I was accepted on the 29th. So from here on out I’m filing in February. He told me it willl be like this, that every year more returns will be pulled for additional review. He also stated that mine is under review for having a higher amount than last year and also claiming ctc for the first time. He gave me the 45 day speech. He said there is a possibility that I could get it before my 45 days. It’s so frustrating when your doing everything right then they do things like this. All because people want to be fraudulent!! So everyone suffers!!

I just called again and she said she couldn't pull up anything until after the 27th. How do I get them to check my return?

Keep calling until you get a representative that does.

Yea that’s what I did keep calling

Thank you everyone, I finally got some answers, the lady I talked to was so patient and understanding. They sent my letter out and all I have to do is verify my identity because I've moved since the last time I filed. This is such a big relief but I wonder how long it will take now?

I can't believe how hard it is now to file taxes, it's very frustrating!

When will they send the letter

Please read for those who filed  Feb 4 th and still have the refund processing message code 152.  I filled with turbo tax. I've had this message for weeks. I finally called the IRS today and was informed that I was approved the 8th but because TurboTax sent refund status to be sent on a card, which I had entered in bank account for direct deposit, the IRS found the card to be suspicious and for ID protection are issuing a check!  30 days to wait on check. And the WMR still shows as processing. So be aware if filled via turbo tax!  Our expectation of direct deposit by now has turned into a 30 day wait for a check.

She was preparing the letter while I was in the phone, so hopefully it won't be long before I get it.

I filed with turbo tax as well, everything seems to be fine for now, but thank you for the heads up.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies