turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I filed early on 1/13/19 and it was accepted on 1/15/19 but now it say "we cannot provide any information about your refund""

I meant to say I verified my ID with the IRS on 2/28

I filed early on 1/13/19 and it was accepted on 1/15/19 but now it say "we cannot provide any information about your refund""

@pschneider742 You might want to call. It took me three times calling to find out really what was going on

@rts1 did u already verify your ID with the irs and have them tell u it would be up to 9 weeks?
rts1

@pschneider742 so my issue was actually some university tuition expenses form. I’m a college student and I didn’t submit my 1098-T form. I have never received it in the past so I figured I wouldn’t this time. But they mailed it to me a few days after I filed and that was the issue. So I just had to fax the information to the IRS to correct my return. The first lady that’s I spoke to said it would take up to 8 weeks but it only took like 2. Sorry, I know the situation is a little different since I didn’t have to verify my ID.
okm8ek

@pschneider742 Tax return was filed and accepted on 1/28, i verified on 2/22 and i still have 9001 and 152 codes too. I called yesterday and talked to someone and they said you just have to wait it could take 9 weeks.

@okm8ek please let me know if and when anything changes for u. 9 weeks seems like forever to just be waiting in the dark

@kristalrob23  You should file form 14039 to report Identity Theft. You will get an IP PIN next year.

I just check on WMR and after what feels like forever waiting I finally got a DDD for 3/13 🙂

Congratulations

@fanfare thanks
snodnaki0989
Returning Member

I still have no update!!!

@snodnaki0989 this is ridiculous!!  Being I had identity theft and had to mail my return I know I won't get mine til probably August but at least I know what's going on. I just shared an article on Facebook where the IRS made a mistake and sent 66,000 people in Louisiana double tax refunds and a lot of people can't even get the first one!!!  This is ridiculous
snodnaki0989
Returning Member

Yes it is and still no update. I hope by April 4 I get mine bc that’s when my 45 days are up.
okm8ek

I had the 152 and 9001 codes and finally got an update today. Filed and accepted on 1/28, verified my identity on 2/22 and just got my bars back and a direct deposit date of 3/20 this morning. So 3 weeks from after the day i verified.

Hey guys been following the forum since it begin. Let me tell you my story. Filed on 1/17 received a letter dated for 2/8 on 2/13. Called on 2/13 to verify. Waited two weeks to call back to check on the status. A lady told me my case was closed out on 2/14 and my return was put back into processing. Called on March 1 and spoke with a nice guy who told me I had to ID verify. I explained to him I had already called on 2/13 to verify then called back on 2/27 and was told my return was put back into processing. He told me that no one even noted on my account that I called to ID verify and my account had not be noted neither time I called. I wish I would have written down those numbers the IRS agents give as their ID number when u call. But anyway he transferred me over to the ID verification department. Oh let me add on 2/27 I did call the number on the letter I received from the verification department again before I called the IRS and a very rude lady answered and I told her I wanted to check on the status of my refund after verifying and she told me if I already verified I need to call the IRS. So I hung up and then spoke to the nice guy. So after the guy transferred me over I spoke with a nice lady who finally told me I was a victim of Identity theft and the reason I hadn't gotten my refund is because someone else filed using my social security number because my actual return I filed was done. So my return I actually filed got rejected. She also told me that when I called on 2/13 the lady did not tell me I didn't pass verification because my numbers did not match as far as what I was getting back on my tax return. Instead of the first lady I talked to telling me I did not pass verification because of the two different returns being done she just hung up. If she would have told me on 2/13 that I had identify theft and needed to file a paper return I would have felt better about the situation but it took three phone calls before I found this out. Mine you the second time I called the lady told me everything looks good with my return and my case was closed on 2/14. But when I called on 3/1 the guy said just because she told you your case was closed doesn't mean it went back into processing. All the agents I spoke to told me 9 weeks before I get my refund but with identify theft and having to file a paper return I'm sure it will be August or September before I get my money. I understand they were behind and alot of them did not get paid while working but we are hard working people who paid taxes and want our money just like they did when they went back to work. After the nice lady told me I had identify theft she did tell me I needed to file a paper return so I did and that has been one week ago so I'm just waiting. I have been working since I was 15 and filing taxes for 22 years and I have never seen or heard of it taking this long for people to get their money. I think it ridiculous and unorganized. I hope everyone that is waiting get your money soon because we all have different situations and need our money. I have lost all hope and at least I know now what's going on. Prayers for everyone
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies