turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

First accepted then changed to view tax topic 152 now changed to PATH act check back late Feb so if we're going to be denied it would of done it by now

I agree. The lady told me there were no flags that a letter would be sent out. She said it just has to go through the process. Stupid!

First accepted then changed to view tax topic 152 now changed to PATH act check back late Feb so if we're going to be denied it would of done it by now

@anorberte23 if there are no flags then why the hell do they need to send a letter instead of releasing our refund?

@424511 what she meant was there were no indications or notes that stated they were sending a letter. It was just randomly selected. It seems like they are only doing this with people who filed early. Sad because usually the early fillers are the ones who really need the extra money.

I understand. I filed on 1/29 and was accept the same day. I filed when we got all of our paper in order because I have a tendency to lose shit lol

I got a letter saying I’m under review today and my bars are gone with topic 152
kerion940

@stacydurda1975  me too did u call the irs?

I just got a letter today as well. It says if I haven't been contacted or received my refund in 60 days to contact them.
cflo1968

I just called the IRS because my return was accepted on 1/30/18. It is March 2, 2018 and still no refund-only Tax Topic 152 on the where's my refund tool. I was told I was randomly selected for an audit review. My taxes are simple taxes, no business, no itemized deductions. Same info pretty much each year. Annual income of 55,000-family of 5. Now I am told I have to wait 45 days at a minimum. Ridiculous!
So those of you with the tax topic 152, be worried. It's not always just a waiting game.

Yeah. Mine were accepted on 2/8. Tax topic 152. I called and they haven't gotten documents to match income to yet. They can't match my SSDI. THE GOVERNMENT can't match my SSDI.

SMDH

Yep, just got a letter from the IRS stating to verify my identity with this year's w2s and last year's and some other crap. So basically being audited because the govt doesn't want to give me too much back. Typical

@kgoodnight2131 I’m so sorry!!!

@kgoodnight2131 I bet that’s what I’m waiting on right now. Sigh fuck

@FucktheIRSinthebuttNOLUBE  yep I'm willing to bet they are doing it as well. If you call the number they will tell it.

They are just getting anyone anyway they can
ammvilla

has anyone gotten any update?
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies