turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

shmul1998

NJ Refund Delay; Deposit Dates

@danielle_obchine is it today that you checked? I may have to call them at this point
pdame75

If the state has given you a date when refund  will be deposited it will be that date, not before that. So if deposit is stated for 03/27/2018 it's going to be deposited on that date. I'm trying not to assume but from what I'm seeing so far deposit are being made on Tuesdays I may be wrong so don't quote me. Hope this help.

Has anyone been approved for a date for DDD and if so, did you receive the money in your account that day or a day or two after?
jackiegrl
Returning Member

So far nothing... But I do see people say that sometimes the site didn't update for them til around 3 am or later .... Let's hope that's the case hear cuz boy am I losing patience . . .
shmul1998

@jackiegrl nothing we should just give up lololol
jackiegrl
Returning Member

Omg ..I can't believe we didn't get an update. Like what the hell
jackiegrl
Returning Member

Im searching all other forums just to see if anyone got any updates last night/through this morning.....
shmul1998

We have speak to someone at the state office at this point this is absolutely ridiculous
jackiegrl
Returning Member

I agree .like what the hell happened ????

My DDD was approved for 3/27 and today, 3/24 I already see it "pending" in my bank for deposit and release on 3/27, so I think these are paid on-time.

@mf1973 I was approved for 3/27 too. Which bank do you use that you can see that?! That's so cool! I use USAA and I always get direct deposits (like my paycheck) a day before anyone else. I love it.
jackiegrl
Returning Member

Mf1973 & laura. emilygree when did u guys receive your Ddd's??? I was accepted Feb 5... Still processing....sucks

@jackiegrl my status changed on Thursday morning (3/22) to approved for 3/27. I filed 2/2 and was accepted 2/5. They don't seem to be processing returns in any kind of logical order :(

@laura.emily.gree I bank with a credit union, Affinity

@jackiegrl accepted 1/22 - processed for ever - on 3/22 I received my DDD for 3/27.    Obviously the State does not use a FIFO method to processing.  I think they have some sort of methodology or algorithm on how they evaluate returns based on risk or fraud threat and there are probably dozens of criteria they factor in. That's the only thing I can think of as to why there is no First in First out pattern.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies