turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ginae

Ive been working from home since Covid started, March 2020. I am considered work from home employees since 1/2021 due to covid. Can i get back 2020 income tax?

I live in NH and worked in MA until Covid started.  NH has no income tax.  My company has paid me all my income tax for 2021 to date since there is no return to office date.  Can i get back my 2020 income tax as well and how?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Ive been working from home since Covid started, March 2020. I am considered work from home employees since 1/2021 due to covid. Can i get back 2020 income tax?

I think you are saying that your employer reimbursed your 2021 withheld state income tax amount because you are not working MA.  To get back the state income tax that you paid to MA in 2020, file an amended MA return and change the amount of income earned in MA.

ginae

Hi Dan,

Can I do that now or do I have to wait?  How do you know this and will it work?

If your original return has been accepted and processed, then you can amend now.  I know this from my experience preparing taxes, but you are free to consult with a tax expert or ask for other opinions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies