turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It shows accepted on TurboTax but IRS edited my refund to me owing $136 with no explanation. When I amend it shows I owe $725. If I pay it will I get my original refund?

My original return was $2864 it showed up accepted but I never get the check. I checked the status on the IRS site and it was edited to -136. What do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It shows accepted on TurboTax but IRS edited my refund to me owing $136 with no explanation. When I amend it shows I owe $725. If I pay it will I get my original refund?

in 2 to 3 weeks you'll receive a letter of explanation from the IRS. it will tell you what to do if you disagree with the change. in the meantime, you can go on the IRS website to look at a tax return transcript which will show what you reported and what the IRS says is correct.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

But there is no unemployment tax credit of 10,200.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies