turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

timbue-tb

My employer is refusing to send out w2s until friday the 10th. I thought the last day was feb 1st. when is the correct date?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ddaven12

My employer is refusing to send out w2s until friday the 10th. I thought the last day was feb 1st. when is the correct date?

Employers are actually supposed to send out W-2 statements no later than January 31. If you have not received your Form W-2 by February 14, please contact the IRS for assistance at 1-800-829-1040.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ddaven12

Employers are actually supposed to send out W-2 statements no later than January 31. If you have not received your Form W-2 by February 14, please contact the IRS for assistance at 1-800-829-1040.

timbue-tb

It seemed like my employer waited until the 14th because she won't get fined before that, might as well make the deadline the 14th to send them out if they don't get penalized before then.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies