Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gurl20018

It's been over 30 days since mine taxes got accepted and about 2 weeks ago my status changed to still being processed and a date will be given wen available is this ok?

It got accepted February 6th and it's saying it's still being processed is this normal? I did claim 2 dependent's im just concerned. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

It's been over 30 days since mine taxes got accepted and about 2 weeks ago my status changed to still being processed and a date will be given wen available is this ok?

This is normal if you claimed Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit and most likely the reason for the delay on your tax return, due to the Path Act. The IRS started issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit on February 27, 2019.  If your return status on the Where's My Refund? site shows processing, the next step would be for the IRS to approve and send your refund. Once your refund shows sent, they will show your refund date when its available.

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets;
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information;
  • Identity fraud;
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

You can contact the IRS directly and see if they can give you any details on your tax return status:

Please call 800-829-1040 and do the following:

1. Press 1 for English listen to the recorded message

2. Press 2 for answers about personal income taxes listen to the recorded message

3. Press 1 for questions about a form you already submitted

4. Press 3 for all other questions

5. Press 2 for all other questions

6. Enter your social or ein confirm type (social or ein) and confirm if the number is right by pressing 1

7. Listen to all options then it will say if you have not heard your topic please hold

8. Next, it will say if you owe money and agree with the amount press 1

You will then be transferred to a representative after a general message from the IRS

(Note: If call volume is too high they will ask you to call back)

View solution in original post

14 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal if you claimed Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit and most likely the reason for the delay on your tax return, due to the Path Act. The IRS started issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit on February 27, 2019.  If your return status on the Where's My Refund? site shows processing, the next step would be for the IRS to approve and send your refund. Once your refund shows sent, they will show your refund date when its available.

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets;
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information;
  • Identity fraud;
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

You can contact the IRS directly and see if they can give you any details on your tax return status:

Please call 800-829-1040 and do the following:

1. Press 1 for English listen to the recorded message

2. Press 2 for answers about personal income taxes listen to the recorded message

3. Press 1 for questions about a form you already submitted

4. Press 3 for all other questions

5. Press 2 for all other questions

6. Enter your social or ein confirm type (social or ein) and confirm if the number is right by pressing 1

7. Listen to all options then it will say if you have not heard your topic please hold

8. Next, it will say if you owe money and agree with the amount press 1

You will then be transferred to a representative after a general message from the IRS

(Note: If call volume is too high they will ask you to call back)

gurl20018

Thank you very much this helps a lot I appreciate it now I'll try not to stress as much. Thanks again
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Your welcome!
gurl20018

It's been 35 days and still nothing. It still says still processing and a date will be given when available.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Don't worry processing with the IRS seems to be taking longer for everyone. Hopefully you will see it update to "Approved" and sent soon.
gurl20018

I hope I try not to stress over it but we are kinda in a spot where we really need it you know and everyday that goes by gets more stressful.
gurl20018

Also when they say 21 days is it business days or weekends too?
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I understand it is stressful waiting. The IRS only states 21 days from the acceptance date but I would assume business days. Have you tried to contact the IRS yet, to see if they can give you any additional information?
gurl20018

If it's business days then it's been 26 days today if not it's 36 days either way it's been longer then 21 so. And no I haven't called yet I was gonna give it another couple days before I called.when I do call they can tell me what's going on? Also I was reading on here that on WMR it would tell you if there was something wrong right? Or if they needed something. It just says topic 152 and they will give me a date when available so idk.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

They maybe able to supply you with a bit more information and if it is almost complete. Right, the IRS would show on WMR, if they needed additional documentation ect.
gurl20018

Ok cool thank you I appreciate it.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Your welcome.

My tax for 2020 was filed by my accountant on feb the 10th 2021.

Then my pending tax for 2019 was filed 18th of feb 2021.

I was not given 2020 second stimulas check for me n family so my accountant filed it with 2020 return. Both the returns were accepted but funny thing is that 2019 taxes shows that payment sent by cheque but when i try to see 2020 tax status, irs2go app says wrong amount. And when i login to my irs online account, it does not show anything about 2020 taxes,

A lil help please?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may want to log into your account and verify the 2020 refund; upon login, select Download/print return. Once you do this, you will be able to take note of your exact refund amount. Please see the screenshot below for an example of how this should look :

Screenshot

Regarding not seeing any 2020 info on IRS.gov, this return may not be fully processed yet. please review this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies