turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lindanoll

Why is my NJ tax return telling me to remove line 38 block and lot info? I remove it & then I am told it needs to be put back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why is my NJ tax return telling me to remove line 38 block and lot info? I remove it & then I am told it needs to be put back?

It might be in the wrong format.  See bottom of page 29 here:

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/current/1040i.pdf

Gloria1111
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  I did check that I am a homeowner.  Of course there is no one available to answer this.  They did debit my credit card to file, yet it will not file because it loops -- remove the information on 38b and c, and then put it back in.  A loop.  Yes, the information is in correctly, yet it continues to show as red and continues to loop in error.  Does anyone have the magic answer to this?

Gloria1111
Returning Member

I found the answer!  Look above at box D; it may be checked NO.  Uncheck so there is nothing in that box, and it should work.  It did for me.  Good luck! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies