turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cemkaplan

You put money on my account but you took it back

Td bank
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It may have been pending at your bank for those 2 days and your bank refused the deposit so it was sent back to either the IRS  or the third party processing bank.  

If you chose the option to pay the TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, that is handled by an intermediary company called SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group).   SBTPG receives your funds from the IRS at one of their two banks, subtracts the fees, then sends the rest on to your bank. SBTPG uses one of 2 banks--Civista Banking of Sandusky, OH, or Green Dot Bank. Occasionally processing will be delayed at SBTPG, sometimes requiring additional documentation due to fraud-preventive measures, etc.

In addition, if the direct deposit from SBTPG's bank to your bank fails for any reason, it bounces back to SBTPG, who will issue you a check by mail. Less commonly SBTPG will return the funds to the IRS.

You can log into your temporary account at SBTPG and check the status there to see if there is anything causing a delay and if you need to provide them any additional documentation.

Use the Taxpayer portal to log in at:

https://cisc.sbtpg.com 

SBTPG also has a 24-hour automated phone line which will tell you your status, and during the day they have live phone support. To get the phone numbers, scroll down a little on the following page to where it says "I prepared my return online."

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Who did? The IRS? Your state?
cemkaplan

It doesn't show who did.But money was on my account for 2 days.Now it is not.New Hampshire
cemkaplan

And my account statement shows there is default about this transmisson

Then what makes you think Turbotax did it?  Check with your bank for details.

Turbotax does not receive tax refunds, so cannot deposit them into your account.
cemkaplan

How come.I gave them my checking account infos and they sent it.I saw they sent.and something happend that money received back

Turbo Tax only transmits your bank account to the IRS and state for them to deposit your refund.  Were you having the fees deducted from your refund?
cemkaplan

I don't think so.If you seerecommended answer it tells about i would get my refund by contact Sbtpg.But sbtpg cannot find my account. But IRS can

Are you sure it wasn't the IRS that took the money back out? Or someone else that had a lien on your bank account?  Call your bank tomorrow and ask them exactly what happened, and who did it.
cemkaplan

I am sure.I already did

But you said you don't think were having your fees deducted from your Federal refund. If not, SBTPG would not be involved at all.  And Turbotax's name would not show up either.

It may have been pending at your bank for those 2 days and your bank refused the deposit so it was sent back to either the IRS  or the third party processing bank.  

If you chose the option to pay the TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, that is handled by an intermediary company called SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group).   SBTPG receives your funds from the IRS at one of their two banks, subtracts the fees, then sends the rest on to your bank. SBTPG uses one of 2 banks--Civista Banking of Sandusky, OH, or Green Dot Bank. Occasionally processing will be delayed at SBTPG, sometimes requiring additional documentation due to fraud-preventive measures, etc.

In addition, if the direct deposit from SBTPG's bank to your bank fails for any reason, it bounces back to SBTPG, who will issue you a check by mail. Less commonly SBTPG will return the funds to the IRS.

You can log into your temporary account at SBTPG and check the status there to see if there is anything causing a delay and if you need to provide them any additional documentation.

Use the Taxpayer portal to log in at:

https://cisc.sbtpg.com 

SBTPG also has a 24-hour automated phone line which will tell you your status, and during the day they have live phone support. To get the phone numbers, scroll down a little on the following page to where it says "I prepared my return online."

cemkaplan

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://cisc.sbtpg.com/">https://cisc.sbtpg.com/</a> I try go to this website.And select taxpayers.Fill out all infos.But it can't find out my account.But IRS found and it show my tax has sent

If you paid the TT fees yourself with a credit card then you didn't use the Refund processing service so ... if the IRS says sent the refund then either they  took it back ( it happens sometimes) or your bank refused the refund and sent it back ....  now  it will take the IRS 2 weeks or more to convert the refund to a paper check mailed to the address on your return.  But  at no time is TT in this mix and cannot help you locate the money.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies