cjensen1

Is the calculated Tax Due on an Amended Return in addition to or in place of the previously calculated Tax Due? For context, I filed my 2020 tax return prior too early.

I'm amending my 2020 return as recommended by TurboTax as my initial return has already been accepted.
JotikaT2

It will actually be the difference between your original return as filed and accepted and your amended return.  

Therefore, you only pay the amount indicated on your amended return.  This will be reflect on Line 20 of your 1040X Form.

1040X

Mike9241

did you make the previous payment? if so it needs to be included in the amended return and should show up on line 16 of 1040-X.