prich2190

Is it to late to fix a mistake I made on my filed return?

After I filed last night I realized a mistake that I made on my return. I confused my 401K contribution with an IRA. Line 17 should be 0.

jerry2000
Alumni

Submitting the return for filing is just like dropping it into a mailbox - you can not get it back or change it.

Once you submit  and find that you need to make a change, you will have to wait until the IRS either accepts or rejects the return. If the return is rejected by the IRS, then you can make the necessary changes and resubmit it. If the return is accepted, then the only way to change it is to prepare an amended return and file it by mail.

jerry2000
Alumni