turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ado2
Level 2

Is it possible to use Form 433-A so that a tax refund is received in full and not used for a tax debt?

I was laid off beginning of the pandemic however am working part time in a different field.  Can I use Form 433-A to get our refund in full this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is it possible to use Form 433-A so that a tax refund is received in full and not used for a tax debt?

Ok ... if you have a balance due on the books then any and all refunds will be attached with or without a payment plan.  Now you may want to see if you can be put into "uncollectible" status  but all refunds will still be taken.  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/temporarily-delay-the-collection-proce...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ado2
Level 2

I also took my pension out as I did not know if unemployed would be approved or extended.

Sorry but all refunds will be attached when you have a payment arrangement ... read the fine print. 

ado2
Level 2

What about if it is a tax debt that is not in a payment arrangement?

ado2
Level 2

I apologize but I did not mean to ask the question with payment arrangement.  I have removed that part in the question.   Thank you for your help!

Ok ... if you have a balance due on the books then any and all refunds will be attached with or without a payment plan.  Now you may want to see if you can be put into "uncollectible" status  but all refunds will still be taken.  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/temporarily-delay-the-collection-proce...

ado2
Level 2

Thank you that link explains a lot of my questions!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies